Friday, January 10, 2020

Library Haul and TBR

Hey Guys! Wanted to switch things up a little bit here and do something that wasn't quite your regular post. So below you'll see a Youtube Video that I did talking through the books I currently have in my possession from both Book of the Month, and YouTube. While I wouldn't consider this a formal TBR as I don't say "I need to read this in January" but when I go to the Library, I generally pick my books with the intention of reading them.


But for those who aren't interested in watching the video - scroll past the video to check out what I've got below!


  • Elevator Pitch - Linwood Barclay: This one hits a little close to home as it takes place in my home of NYC. On Monday morning, 4 people get in an elevator at their Manhattan office, and press the buttons of their destination floors. But instead of stopping, it goes all the way to the top, only to then start going back down and then plummet. While Elevator issues in Manhattan are a fairly normal occurrence, this suddenly happens in other parts of the city on both Tuesday and Wednesday so this is anything but random.
  • Lost You - Haylen Beck: Libby Reese has lost her son on Vacation. CCTV Footage is seen of him being lead away by another woman, only to find out that he isn't lost, this woman has actually found him. 
  • The Other Mrs. Miller - Allison Dickson: The car down the street has been watching Phoebe Miller for weeks, and only they know why. Vicki moves in down the street, and Phoebe begins focusing on her, and not on the car, when she really shouldn't be. 
  • The DaVinci Code - Dan Brown: This is the only re-read on my list. I'm not much of a re-read person, never have been. But there's something about the DaVinci Code that is calling me back.  The curator of the Louvre is found dead one night, only to have Robert Langdon, a Harvard Symbologist called in to take a look at the case. It leads him down the path of what we're familiar with as the Holy Grail and how all of this is ultimately connected. 
  • That's What Frenemies are For - Sophie Littlefield and Lauren Gershell: This is a Pygmalion re-telling, which involves Julia, and her posh Upper East Side of Manhattan life, and Flame, who is a gym owner. As goes the story of Pygmalion, Flame becomes a celebrity fitness star, and Julia's life begins to crumble around her. 
These two books I got from Book of the Month. Click this LINK and get your first box for just $5! It doesn't change your price, but I do receive a small commission. 
  • The Wives - Tarryn Fisher: How Far Would You Go to Find out the Truth About Your Husband? The main character (who's name we do not know) is a part of polygamist family. She only sees her husband 1x a week, and doesn't know any of his other wives. Until one day, when she tracks down Hannah, a woman she knows is one of his wives. Only to find out that she is being abused by her husband, who is also her husband. So what should she do now?
  • The Sun Down Motel - Simone St. James: This book might actually not be available yet unless you're a member of Book of the Month. But in 1982 Viv Delaney goes missing at the Sun Down Motel. In 2017, her niece Carly decides to visit the motel and figure out the story of why her aunt disappeared. 
Let me know if there are any other books you think I should read if I like these!

Love from NYC!

Celia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Modelones Dip Powder Kit Review

Hey Guys! Trying to get back into this blogging thing with the current lock down situation we're all experiencing in NYC. It's def...